GateWay Commencement & Nursing Pinning Ceremony Taking Place Friday, May 15
The 40th annual GateWay Commencement Ceremony and Nurse Pinning Ceremony are both scheduled for this Friday, May 15.Please see details below for event details and a list of local restaurants.
NOTICE: Graduates and guests participating in the commencement ceremony
at the North Phoenix Baptist Church are asked to observe the following
NO: Balloons are allowed within the North Phoenix Baptist Church.
NO: Food or Drinks (other than water) are permitted inside the Worship
You worked long and hard to graduate and now it is time to celebrate.
Congratulations and happy graduation to you!
Please contact the Vice President of Student Affairs at (602) 286-8032 if you
have any questions.
Ceremony details for May 15, 2009
Commencement Ceremony for Certificate and Degrees: 6:45 PM
* Students, please arrive at no later than 6:15 PM for line-up.
Nurse Pinning Ceremony: 3:00 PM
North Phoenix Baptist Church
5757 North Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ
Get directions with Google Maps
There is no charge for parking.
The faculty robe room will be in the South Reception Room which is situated right off the Worship Center where Commencement will be held. Security will be posted at the door to guard valuables. The faculty robe room will have two six-foot tables and thirty chairs as well as a coat rack. Bottled water will be provided.
List of Restaurants in the Area:
- Asian Fusion, 742 East Glendale, Phone: (602) 707-0049
- Bobby Q’s, Barbecue, 8501 N 27th Ave Phoenix, AZ 85051 - (602) 995-5982
- Bomberos (South American Wine & Coffee Bar, patio, $8.00 - $16.00, Reservations helpful), 8801 N. Central Ave., 85020, 602-687-8466
- Boston Market (Cafeteria style American), 5101 N. Central Ave., 85012, 602-266-0202
- Carlos O’Brien’s, Generic Mexican, but good food and big portions, 1133 E Northern Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85020, (602) 997-2871
- Christo’s, (Italian, $10.50 - $17.95, reservations only), 6327 N. 7th St., 85014, 602-264-1784
- Corbin’s (Bar & Grill, $9.75 - $19.75, reservations helpful), 8729 N. Central Ave., 85020, 602-466-3201
- Greektown, 8519 N 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85020, (602) 674-8881
- Hana, Japanese, 5524 N 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ, 85013, 602.973.1238
- Hometown Buffet (American buffet), 1501 W. Bell Road, 602-242-5882
- Jordan’s Mexican Food, One of the oldest Mexican Restaurants in Phoenix. Used to have one downtown, but it got killed off by the light rail construction, 6247 N 7th St Phoenix, AZ 85014, (602) 274-6836
- Lola’s Tapas (Spanish), 800 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, (602) 265-4519
- Luci’s Healthy Market Place (Deli & coffee bar, $6.95 & down, no reservations), 1590 E. Bethany Home Road, 85014, 602-773-1329
- Maizie's Cafe and Bistro, 4750 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012, 602-274-2828, Central and Camelback. Serve a full menu until 11pm and then late night snacks until 12pm, maiziescafe.com
- Manuel’s Mexican, 5509 N. 7th St., 602/274-6426
- Marcellino Ristorante. Very upscale Italian – delicious but pricey. 1301 E Northern Ave Phoenix, AZ 85020 - (602) 216-0004
- Mary Coyle’s, 5521 N 7th Ave. (7th Ave. & Missouri), incredible ice cream concoctions, 5521 N 7th Ave Phoenix, AZ 85013 - (602) 265-6266
- Oregano’s Pizza Bistro, 1008 E Camelback Rd Phoenix, AZ 85014, (602) 241-0707
- Padre’s Mexican, 1044 E Camelback Road Phoenix, AZ 85014 - (602) 277-1749
- Papadeaux, 11501 N. Black Canyon Highway, Cajun & seafood, (602) 331-3434
- Pat’s Pizza Plus, 1135 E Glendale Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85020, (602) 234-3035
- Pei Wei, 7th St. & Glendale
- Phoenix City Grille (American grill, $8.00 - $31.00, reservations helpful), 5816 N. 16th Street, 85014, 602-266-3001
- Pizza Heaven Bistro, Really good pizza available by the slice, 5150 N 7th St., 602/277-8800
- Postino Central, Same menu as Postino Arcadia, 5144 N. Central, 602-274-5144
- Q-doba Mexican Grill, 742 E. Glendale, 602-795-4205
- Richardson’s (Mexican, Santa Fe style, $10:00 - $28.00, reservations helpful), 1582 E. Bethany Home Road, 85016, 602-265-5886
- Rosie McCaffey’s Irish Pub & Restaurant ($7:95- $13.95, reservations helpful), 906 E Camelback Rd. 84014, 602-241-1916
- Sauce, 7th St. & Glendale, Light Italian & salads, 742 E. Glendale Ave, 602-216-2400
- Sierra Bonita Grill, (Mexican, $10:00 - $25.00, Reservations helpful, patio), 6933 N. 7th Street, 85014, 602-264-0700
- Super Dragon (Chinese), 1212 E. Northern Ave., (602) 997-1685
- Sweet Tomato’s, (Soup, salads, pasta, breads), 52 E Camelback, 85012, 602-274-5414
- Sylvia’s La Canasta, (602) 714-8371 , 5508 N 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013
- TexAZ Grill, 16th St. & Bethany Home Road, 6003 N 16th St Phoenix, AZ 85016, (602) 248-7827
- Via de los Santos, 9120 North Central Avenue, 602-997-6239, Tame Mexican, but doesn’t use lard so vegetarian-friendly. Great margaritas!
- Also at MetroCenter (about 3 miles away)
- Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Mimi’s Café, El Torito, Jason’s Deli, Black Angus, Tim Finnegan’s Pub
- Fast Food, Within a 3 - 5 mile radius in any direction from the North Phoenix campus there are
- McDonald’s, KFC, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Starbucks and other fast food restaurants.